A sweet sixteen party is a very special occasion for a young girl. That moment is a moment when she is recognized as a young lady instead of a little girl playing with dolls. If you are thinking ahead toward your birthday, and you are planning a special party, then you will want to make sure you find the right dress too. There are plenty of options for sweet sixteen dresses, and you will want to choose the one that is perfect for you.
Here are the five steps you will need to take in order to choose the right dress for your party.
1. The first thing you need to know is that you need to begin considering your dress early, and I do not mean two weeks before the party. Instead, start looking at dresses several months in advance. You may have trouble finding the right one or you may need to have it altered. Leave yourself plenty of room so that you will not feel rushed.
2. Look for inspiration. Visit as many shops as you can and look in magazines too. You may see the perfect dress right away or you may not. Either way, you are sure to be exposed to plenty of options.
3. Before you get too serious in the shopping, make sure you know the tone of your planned party. If the event is to be formal and extravagant, you will want to choose an appropriate dress, maybe like a ball gown or evening dress. If you are going for a themed event like an eighties party, you may want to shop outside the box and even look at vintage and thrift stores.
4. Set a budget and stick to it. Once you start looking at all those beautiful dresses, it may be easy to be distracted by a dress you just cannot afford. Instead of even letting this happen, go ahead and decide what your budget will be and only shop for dresses that fall below that number.
5. Choose the right color. If you are planning a formal sweet sixteen event, you may want to stick with the traditional white or pastel colored dress. However, if you want to do something more modern or unique, then consider colors that compliment your skin and hair the best.
Your sweet sixteen is an event that only happens once. Make sure that every detail is special, and choose just the right dress for the occasion.